Thursday, August 4, 2011

An artistic push...

I have decided recently, that although I have my own website, it would be nice to keep a blog of what i am doing between posts on my site. So here I'll be posting some ramblings and thoughts as I tumble through my creative processes.
I've recently come across a book recommended by amazing artist Darren Yeow called The War of Art Reading it has inspired me to make my thoughts and processes on my art a more daily occurance. So as of today, anyone interested in the thoughts that meander through my mind as I struggle to make my art my profession can come here and give me feedback.
Today is a day off for me from the daily grind of retail management and i have dubbed it Matt Art Day. My plan for the day is to finish one of my MANY unfinished paintings sitting around my house. First up is my work in progress of Thuvia: Maid of Mars (from the Edgar Rice Burroughs novel) If i can figure out how(since i'm new to Blogger) I'll post my WIP (work in progress)
So subscribe to my blog if your interested, and feel free to take part in criticism and conversation to push me forward in my artistic career!
Thanks Much!
-Matt 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mattchooo! I'm glad to see you blogging! Quick note: your link text is set at grey, and it doesn't show up against the medium blue background.... sigh, don't you just LOVE orange/blue schemes? (^_^)

    ReplyDelete